December 11, 2010

What I've seen since I've come home:Dubai

So I haven't posted in a while, Can exams be a good reason to why I haven't posted? Anyhow I landed in Dubai about TWO nights ago! Ahhh I love it here! My home, my life, my friends, MY atmosphere it's just amazing. I've been going around, but haven't had the chance to get a real stimulus to help me capture what i've been trying to capture with my camera. Here is just a little into what I have seen so far.


The night I got back home I saw my chandelier so I decided to see the difference between a picture when the lights are off versus when the lights are on. Check them out!

Personally, I like the 1st picture (lights are on) I just feel it has more depth and color to it, the background just seems more illuminating. 



FOODEveryone in Dubai lives off of new restaurants since Dubai has have the MOST amazing food ever! You can probably find any type of food you desire! Here are some favorite foods i've eaten since i've been here! 


          Calamari = one of my favorite foods as an appetizer! 
Not only was my Calamari great but the restaurant itself was just fabulous. Tribes, a new restaurant in the Mall of the Emirate is an African-themed restaurant. The restaurant's atmosphere is so different from any other restaurant i've been in. For a second, I felt as if I was sitting in a location in Africa. The interiors of the chairs, drums, and shields were of sheepskin, the staff are all from various African countries and whom are actually dressed in ethnic clothing with beautiful facial designs painted on. If you are in Dubai, stop by this Tasteful and Amazing restaurant. You won't regret it, maybe the few extra pounds you might gain but it IS worth it!




Macaroons, do I need to say more? I'm a HUGE fan of macaroons but these macaroons displayed under this text are to die for... Just speaking about them makes my mouth water. I had these YUMMY macaroons in a cafe called Fauchon Cafe in Mall of the Emirates. This french bakery/cafe has great deserts especially their little size bite chocolates. Personally my favorite macaroons from Fauchon are the lemon and vanilla ones.  Again if your are in Dubai, stop by the new extension of Mall of the Emirates and visit Tribes and Fauchon Cafe! 



Za'atar sticks, ahh I had these this morning at one of my best friends house. I would crawl for these delicious finger foods. They are extremely simple to make ( I should learn how to soon). They are hand made rolls of Za'atar and I'm pretty sure that's about it, roll them and fry them! 



This is my best friend, Nadia. She has a blog on fashion, check it out http://thefashioncollection.blogspot.com/
Anyhow, I slept over on her birthday (December 10) and before going to sleep I started taking random pictures in the dark of her and this is what came out! I truly love these pictures, she obviously seems to disagree. I feel as if they are so REAL. They capture her beauty! 




The Element of Water 
For some reason I started taking pictures of water and here is what I captured! The first three are of a fountain I have in front of my house, the second is of a reflection of a barbecue in my house and the last is of ice that was given to me in a restaurant.  






Lastly, my sisters feline friends.
Nala & Dante






No comments:

Post a Comment